Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Cameo Gals & a Guy... About Cameo Creations


“A Cameo Creation” wall art were produced from the 1940's to the 1960's.The cameo images were of well-known portraits of late 18th century and 19th century nobility, and many of the frame backs have stickers stating who the portrait is of and the artist.
Through the time span of production many different styles of frames were presented. I have found for my collection a vast variation, some of them are framed in gilded wood with a burgundy velvet and others are found in gold ornate plastic frames.
It was a great inexpensive way to curate a miniature art collection.



I just found at the back of my closet this box of vintage Cameo Creation wall art. I completly forgot about theme. Four years ago I began a collecting Cameo Creations. I just opened the box and shot some quick photos for me to share with you. Enjoy!

Elizabeth, Duchess of Devonshire
by
Sir Joshua Reynolds

Mrs. Chaplin
by George Romney





Cecile Volage
by Vincent Nesbert after J.B. Greuze


Countess Hohnstein
by Vincent Nesbert after Carl Ferdinand Stelzner







Hubak Lady
by Unknown Artist

Lady Dower
by Sir Thomas Lawrence R.A.







Isabell Montgomery
by George Romney

Lady Hamilton
by George Romney




Both of these below are unknown






Lady Sheffield
by Thomas Gainsborough


Lord Claud Hamilton
by Sir Thomas Lawrence, R.A.